I am delighted to announce that we are back and ready to serve you and the community!
Following recommendations from the CDC, Santa Clara County Department of Health, and the American Optometry Association, we have implemented many updated procedures and cleaning protocols.
To ensure our patients’ safety and well-being, please take note of the following changes.
• To allow for physical distancing, we will start with a limited schedule and will require appointments for all office visits, including glasses and contact lens pick-up, and glasses adjustments.
• We will pre-screen patients over the phone to ensure their health status before scheduling the appointment.
• We have online forms! Please fill out and submit all the necessary forms online before the appointment.
Visiting the Office
• We will limit the number of patients in the office at any given time to aid in physical distancing.
• Only scheduled patients are allowed in the office. If necessary, only one accompanying family member or caregiver will be permitted. We kindly ask that other family members wait outside the office.
• Upon arrival for the appointment, please call us from the parking lot so we can prepare and disinfect the instruments and exam rooms.
• An in-person temperature screening will be performed at arrival.
• All patients are required to wear their mask or facial covering while inside the office.
• We are here to help! Please allow us to assist you in selecting the perfect pair of glasses. Doing so will allow us to properly sanitize the frames for the next patient.
• We have improved our personal protection protocols to protect our patients and staff.
• Our staff will be wearing protective face shields, masks, eyewear, and gloves during the appointment.
Physical Barriers and Cleaning Procedures
• We have added plexiglass breath shields throughout our office and exam equipment.
• Our exam rooms and equipment are extensively sanitized between each patient visit.
• Our glasses are sanitized before being placed on display.
• During frame selection, we will bring frames to you at the dispensing table. All frames touched by patients and opticians will be cleaned and disinfected after frame selection is completed.
• Sanitizing stations are available throughout the office to deposit display items that were touched. We will properly clean them before putting them back on display.
We appreciate and value our patients and the community that we serve. The comprehensive, but practical, procedures implemented stemmed from our desire to provide excellent, personalized care and services that you have come to expect from us.
We look forward to seeing you at our office and assisting you with all your eye care needs.
Dr. Dang and the staff of Vision Design Optometry